His,

Joggers & Margielas

Many of us virtually live to combine eye-catching fashion pieces to create that one delectable outfit. But I think it’s also safe to say, there are some items in particular that we favor more than others. For me, that one item is joggers! I think it’s simply one of the greatest inventions to ever exist! Some may know this, some may not, but, in the early 2000s when skinny jeans came about and became a prominent fashion trend, there were pretty much only two ways to wear them- either the bottoms double-folded upwards and over your high-top sneakers, or the bottoms double-folded downwards inserted into your jeans. On the other hand, sweatpants existed, and people wore (some still do from time-to-time) them to the gym, to the store, or just around the house (never to really be seen in; unless the sweatpants involved a hoodie or sweatshirt and became a sweat outfit). But their sole purpose were to be warm and comfortable. I actually remember thinking to myself, “why couldn’t sweatpants be more stylish and desirable to wear, like jeans? Why couldn’t they fold at the bottom; where I could tuck them into my sneakers and walk around with the same type of swag that I do with skinny jeans?” But that question didn’t last for long, because the solution was then made…joggers!! I absolutely love joggers and could probably wear it almost everyday with almost anything I own! I love them because they give you the warmth and comfort of sweatpants (especially in the freezing seasons like fall and winter, where it’s either raining rivers or dropping truck loads of ice-cold snow), yet, the style of skinny jeans. They’re comfortable enough to move around and work out in, yet stylish enough to be seen and noticed (depending on which ones you buy)!! I honestly can’t work out without them- and which ones I wear depends on my mood. For example, if I’m working out, I may just wear some plain gray or maroon ones, but if I’m opting to go out and make a statement, then i’ll throw on a pair that turn heads and break necks. I’m talking about these- the ones posted in the featured picture above.

Now these particular joggers (my current favorite) aren’t available anymore, but there are a myriad of other great ones out there to suit virtually all tastes! These specific one’s costed me around $120, which was a little steep, but not at all deterring because the moment I seen these, I knew they had to somehow land in my closet. The look and feel is pretty much unparalleled to any other pair I have ever encountered. I mean, It’s absolutely crazy the amount of stares and questions i’d get when wearing these particular joggers. But the funny thing is, that’s not even my most favorite thing about them- my most favorite thing about them is their texture. They’re made up of two different materials- suede, and pleather (imitation leather). The front and back where the flowers are is suede, and on the sides are strips of white pleather. At the very bottom; on the sides are golden zippers to get in and out of the joggers with ease. No lie, these are true neck breakers!

Now I paired them with one of my most favorite sneakers- these limited edition maroon Maison Margielas high-tops!! If you’d like to know more about that, stay tuned for my next post! 😉

Other Cool Joggers:

My Maison Margielas Christmas List

014 comments

writer

The author didnt add any Information to his profile yet

14 Comments

Frank

These are so freakingg cool!! I love the flower print and that they’re suede! Great outfit!

Javon Davis

Hey Frank, thank-you. Yeah, out of all of the outfits I pieced together, this is by far my favorite so far! Because there are flowers on them, some may deem them to be a bit feminine, however, the color black combined with the flowers makes for an interesting and very unique color contrast! It’s so different, I have not seen anything like it.
Thank-you for your comment. 🙂

Jeremy

The joggers are really nice but I think I’m now obsessed with those sneakers! I’ve never heard of them before. I love how shiny and unique they look. It’s too bad I can’t buy them though, I think they’d look great on me as I really like high-tops.

Javon Davis

Hey Jeremy, you have really good taste then! I probably bought these sneakers a little over a year ago, yet they still manage to make it into my “top five favorite sneakers” list! I think it’s a very beautiful thing when you’ve spent money on something and it still retains its value and makes you feel special a year later. And you’re right, unfortunately, you can’t buy these anymore, however, this particular model still exists in many other unique colors that I particularly love. I actually have a few in mind that I’ve recently put on my personal shopping list! So I’ll tell you what I’ll do, since you like these so much, I’m going to go ahead and share that list with you….like these, hopefully you can find something interesting in there. 🙂

Enjoy, and thank-you for your comment!

Frank

Thank you! I’d really appreciate that. If they’re anything like this one I think I’d definitely like.

Javon Davis

Of course! Don’t mention it man. I have to say though, out of the entire list of Margielas that caught my eye, there are two that stand out to me the most! They are my absolute “must buys”.They are the “Silver Glitter Future High-Tops” (because they glisten and are utterly beautiful in even the dimmest of light), and the “Grey Transparent Future High-Tops” (because you could almost see through them, which gives them a sleek silhouette; but almost make them look alien at the same time. I’d pair them both with a pair of black skinny jeans (or joggers), a (white; grey; or black) T-shirt, and a nice cardigan (or bomber jacket; depending on how cold it is). Feel free to check them out, and let me know what you think! 😉

sepatuholig

woohaaa… nice!
IG @grace_njio

Javon Davis

Thank-you! 🙂

Kevin

I came here from your personal instagram @javonmdavis, and am so glad I did! You are an amazing writer.. I absolutely love this post, love the outfit, love the sneakers.

Aso

Love the way you put this together. Primordially, I wouldn’t have had the security to wear a pair of flower printed joggers or anything with pink in it for that matter, but you’ve shown me a different perspective of fashion/style, and also shown me that it’s okay to not care what people think- love this site!

admin

Thank-you Aso. Yeah, it actually took me a while to develop the courage to wear pink, flowers, and other girly stuff alike. But then I eventually came to a realization of, “Why do I, or should I care about what other people think?”, they’re going to judge anyway, and that liberated me.

Thank-you again though for your kind words.

Johnathan

Amazing post- very creative writing style. You have a serious knack for story telling. i also love how you posted great alternatives. Love your style choices. Will definitely be buying a pair of the En Noir Leather Jogger Pants you posted in your jogger selection. My favorite pair of Margielas from your Christmas list is the grey transparent ones. I like how I could slightly see my feet through the sneakers.

Well done.

OnTrend

I adore your blog a lot

admin

Thank-you so much!! That means a lot to me. Like words cannot describe.